Soldiers belonging to both the Indian and Chinese armies were injured during a clash in Sikkim’s Naku La after a PLA patrol party was physically blocked when they attempted to enter into the Indian territory.
Army has confirmed that the incident took place on January 20, 2021.
Informing about the face-off between the Indian Army and PLA troops in Sikkim sector, the Army in a stated said: “It is clarified that there was a minor face-off at Nakula area of North Sikkim on January 20, 2021 and the same was resolved by local commanders as per established protocols.”
Sources said the clash resulted in injuries on both sides.
Media reports claimed around 20 Chinese soldiers were injured in the clash while four Indian Army soldiers sustained injuries.
However, the Indian Army soldiers were able to successfully push back the Chinese army.
The clash between Indian and Chinese armies took place at a time when no breakthrough has been achieved to end the standoff in eastern Ladakh.
It took place ahead of the ninth round of military talks between India and China that was held on Sunday to find a solution to the standoff in eastern Ladakh.
According to a report, the military commanders’ talks on Sunday began at around 10 am at Moldo border point on the Chinese side of the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in eastern Ladakh.
The discussion lasted for 11 hours.
In the last Corps Commander-level talks held in November last year, the two sides had agreed to ensure that their troops exercise restraint and avoid any misunderstanding and miscalculation along the Line of Actual Control.
The relations between India and China hit a new low since the border clashes in eastern Ladakh in June in which 20 Indian soldiers were killed.
It is believed that China also suffered casualties, but it has not revealed any details regarding the casualties.