Defence minister Rajnath Singh on Tuesday reviewed the ground situation in Ladakh in a meeting with Chief of Defence Staff General Bipin Rawat and three service chiefs.
Sources said during the one-hour meeting Singh was briefed about the Indian response to the Chinese troops mobilization.
It was clarified during the meeting that the Indian Army will hold its fort as talks to defuse the situation would continue in parallel.
It was also decided in the meeting that road constructions must continue and Indian fortifications and troop deployment must match those of the Chinese.
Earlier, Indian Army and China’s People’s Liberation Army (PLA) held several meetings to resolve the situation in eastern Ladakh at the Line of Actual Control (LAC).
However, no breakthrough was reported till Monday.
According to reports, the previous meeting took place on Sunday, but many things remained unresolved, said sources.
It said more commander-level talks are likely to resolve the issues.
As per reports, there have so far been five rounds of talks between military commanders on the ground without much progress.