Meghalaya has registered two more COVID19 positive cases, taking the state’s overall to 100.
Confirming the news, Meghalaya chief minister Conrad K Sangma in his latest tweet on the state’s COVID19 status said: “Two more persons tested positive for COVID19.”
The Meghalaya chief minister informed that out of the two new cases, one is from the Border Security Force (BSF) and the other is from Ri-Bhoi district.
Two more persons tested positive for COVID19. One from BSF and one civilian from Ri Bhoi
— Conrad Sangma (@SangmaConrad) July 8, 2020
Earlier on the day four other patients tested positive for COVID19 in the state.
Informing about the detection of the 4 new cases, in a tweet in the morning on Wednesday, chief minister Sangma said: “4 more persons have tested positive for COVID19 in Shillong. 3 BSF personnel and 1 patient who has come from Tripura for treatment to NEIGRIHMS.”
With the new cases, the total active COVID19 cases in Meghalaya now stand at 54 while 45 patients have recovered.
On Wednesday, two people from South West Garo hills recovered from the disease.
The deadly disease claimed the life of Meghalaya’s first COVID19 positive patient.
With 482 deaths and 22,752 positive cases in the last 24 hours, the number of India’s COVID19 cases has reached 7,42,417 including 20,642 deaths, 2,64,944 active cases, and 4,56,831 recoveries.