The sample of the COVID19 positive patient of Meghalaya will be sent for retest again on Tuesday.
Meghalaya has so far recorded a total of 12 COVID19 positive cases while the deadly disease claimed the first positive patient reported in the state.
Out of the 11 COVID19 patients, only one patient is yet to recover.
The other 10 patients have recovered but they are yet to be discharged from the hospital.
The positive patient was again tested positive for the deadly virus after the result of second retest came out on Sunday.
Meghalaya deputy chief minister Prestone Tynsong said the sample of the positive patient would be again sent for the third retest on Tuesday.
He informed that so far, a total of 1884 samples were sent for test, out of which, 1,782 samples tested negative.
The test results of 90 samples are awaited, deputy chief minister Tynsong said.
Meanwhile, Meghalaya chief minister Conrad K. Sangma on Monday held a review meeting with the doctors of of the Civil Hospital, Shillong on necessary preparedness in the light of stranded citizens returning to Meghalaya from other states.
HCM held review meeting with Doctors of Civil Hospital, Shillong on necessary preparedness in light of stranded citizens returning to Meghalaya from other states. https://t.co/BAjdB17t2L
— CMO Meghalaya (@CMO_Meghalaya) May 4, 2020