The All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) has announced Post Graduate Scholarship for M.E./M.Tech./M.Pharm./M.Arch students.
How to apply for the scholarship?
Detailed advertisement having guidelines/instructions/FAQs and procedure for online registration and eligibility of the student is available at link: https://www.aicte-india.org/schemes/studentsdevelopment-schemes/PG-Scholarship-Scheme.
The Council has also invited online proposals from the AICTE-approved institutions through DBT for disbursement of PG Scholarship for the 1st year students of academic year 2020-21 with valid GATE/GPAT score card.
The Council in a notification said the institutions shall complete the procedure of student data verification on or before December 31, 2020.
The procedure to be followed by institutes and students eligible for AICTE PG scholarship:
- All the Institutes shall upload the eligible PG Student’s details on the AICTE portal on or before October 31, 2020 and distribute student’s Unique ID generated by the system to all the PG students admitted in AICTE approved programs/ Institutions during 2020-21.
- All the students undergoing Post Graduate courses having valid GATE/GPAT score and admitted in AICTE approved programs/Institutions shall collect the Unique ID from the institute and the login at link: https://www.aicte-india.org/schemes/students-development-schemes/PG-Scholarship-Scheme for uploading the scanned copies of all original documents in JPEG/PDF format only.
The required scanned copies –
- Scanned copy of GATE/GPAT score card.
- Scanned copy of first page of Bank Passbook having the details of beneficiary, Name of the Bank, Bank account number, Branch name and IFS Code.
[Note: Bank account should be Aadhaar active (Student to ensure with their bankers that data is shared by them with NPCI in annexure-I) and to confirm that the account is Active under UIDAI website: www.uidai.gov.in (Home screen—My Aadhar—Aadhar services–Check Aadhaar/Bank Linking Status—feed Aadhar number—feed OTP on RMN—get the status is Active)- “In-Active not permissible”].
- Only Aadhar active savings bank account will be considered since the PG Scholarship is released through Aadhaar Bridge Payment System (ABPS) mode through Public Financial Management System (PFMS).
- No-Frill Account, Jan Dhan account, Bank Account having limits on transactions/credits & Joint Account are not permitted.
- Bank account should not either be closed or transferred/shifted during period of course.
- Scanned copy of the valid Category Certificate for SC/ST, OBC & Non-Creamy Layer (NCL) latest issued by the Competent Authority for OBC candidates only).
- The Institute shall then verify the student data and approve his/her candidature on the portal.
(Students verification) and approve for eligibility of disbursement of the scholarship. (Scholarship disbursement approval).
- It may be ensured by the Institute that students’ personal details, bank details and date of admission/date of commencement is correctly filled in.
Detailed general guidelines/instructions/FAQ’s and procedure for online registration of students and approval of eligibility of the student by the institute is available at link: https://www.aicteindia.org/schemes/students-development-schemes/PG-Scholarship-Scheme
All eligible students will have to upload their information on or before December 15 2020 on AICTE web portal and the Institute shall complete the procedure of student data verification and approval for the eligibility for the receipt of scholarship on or before December 31, 2020.